منتدى البحرين اليوم

Studying abroad

Hiiiiii

How r U ??

first of all, I have project in the skwl and i use to talk about studying abroad

so ..

Caan i have introduction of studying abroad

and why people choose to study abroad ? The reasonzz y3ny

nd any other information

hope that u'll heelp me :n10:

Thnxxxxx

Studying abroad prepares students to live and work in our increasingly multi-cultural world. It stimulates academic discipline, as students learn to function in a different system. It encourages independence, and enhances future job prospects.

Studying in another country affords many rare opportunities, including language immersion and the chance to experience a country's vibrant history, art and culture. Students will find that textbooks can't do justice to viewing a historical structure firsthand. In fact, some students say they learn as much out of class as in it!

Also, employers in our global economy seek the skills polished by overseas engagement. Teamwork, innovation and flexibility are honed abroad. This is an adventure that helps students develop their self-confidence and adaptability. Learning how to maneuver in a new city, with different customs and language, requires patience and creativity.

Studying abroad is a special opportunity

Most students that go abroad return exhilarated by the experience. They bring fresh perspectives to the Maryland classroom and are more confident about living in today's world. Studying abroad can be thought of as a lifetime gift - and it is something we hope everyone can take advantage of.

What Studying Abroad Can Do for You؟

Making a different city your home. By living somewhere for an extended period of time, you'll eventually stop feeling like a tourist and start acting more like a native.

Understanding how other cultures view Americans. When you study abroad, you'll be forced to deal with the stereotypes that people have about Americans. My supervisor at my internship believes that all Americans are incredibly wasteful, so she spent a good five minutes lecturing me about using both sides of the paper in the copy machine.

Becoming an international citizen. I lived in a major international city, where I was exposed to many more cultures than just the British. London has a large population of people of Indian descent, for example. Plus, when you travel, you can't help but learn about major international issues, such as the European Union. You have to understand that just to make it through customs.

Learning from the other students around you. Although my program was limited to Americans, I learned a lot about life as a British college student through interaction with residents of London.

Traveling extensively. I don't recommend traveling every weekend that you're studying abroad because then you don't get to appreciate your host city. Places that once seemed far away, however, are a short plane ride away. Can you say weekend trip to Switzerland?

It takes a certain kind of person to enjoy the study abroad experience. If you're good at adapting to new situations, enjoy traveling, and can easily appreciate other people's point of view, then study abroad could be a great opportunity for you.