للتحمييل من هنااا

تفضلوا

واذا احد يبغي حق اي مادة من التجاري حاضرين

Formal letter :

Bahrain Tribune, 475 Saar,

132 Manama, Bahrain

Bahrain 23rd November 2005

Dear Editor,

I am writing to protest about the proposal for a new aluminum factory. Many people have been against the idea from the start. Nevertheless, the government is planning to go ahead with the building next year.

First, the government says that the factory will bring industry and jobs. However, in my opinion, it will ruin the character of Saar, a quiet, peaceful village where many people live. Although the factory will reduce the percentage of unemployment, I do not think that anyone would agree to live ii an industrial area.

Despite what the government says, it is clear that the factory will also affect our health. The factory will produce huge amounts of poisonous gases which will pollute the air and cause serious diseases, such as cancer and asthma. Also, the trucks passing by will damage the roads and cause a lot of noise.

I think other residents should write to the government about this issue. This Friday I will be in Seef Mall to collect signatures for a petition. I think we should do every thing we can to stop this factory.

I look forward to reading more letters about this issue in your newspaper.

Yours faithfully,

Hassan

Hassan AL Halwachi

اذا احد يبي شي لا يستحي وان شاء الله ما يصير خاطركم الا طيب

Report:

To: the School Magazine

Date: 1.11.2005

Subject: The local transport situation

The aim of this report is to examine the transport situation in Manama, the capital city of Bahrain.

There are several positive things.

A. There is a good bus service which covers the whole city. The bus fares are also quite reasonable.

B. The main roads that surround the city are excellent. They are new, safe and well-organized.

C. There are many pedestrian areas, especially in the city centre. They are vital and are used by many people.

However, there are many things that could be improved.

A. There are not any trains or bicycle tracks, which causes a lot of traffic jams.

B. Some of the roads, especially those in the city centre, are getting old and have a lot of cracks, which causes much damage to the cars passing by.

C. Finding a park in the city is a major problem. The car parks are few and badly–organized.

To sum up, on the one hand, Manama is an attractive city with good shops and places of interest. On the other hand, the local councils need to consider building a railway

and some bicycle tracks in order to reduce the traffic jams.

Edited by الفتـى الحزين

• 2 years later...